Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New Work


I still have this cold, but it is going away, very very slowly. In the meantime, I have been hard at work on new items. I am doing some Christmas ornaments to have available for the Pomona Harvest Festival. I'm not quite sure what I am doing yet, but there seem to be stars forming from bits of fabric. The first idea I came up with for stars uses the gold holographic fabric that I found in Las Vegas when I was there during Art Expo. I am trying to figure out a way to do music theme ornaments.

I have also just opened up a web store. So far I have only put in two different images, the black cat with the yarn and the red dragon. More will be coming soon. I need to do lots of work to get the images sized right. This is the link to the store.

The image shown is called "Who, Me?" and, of course, as with most of my cat art, I had some inspiration from my favorite cat. He used to dig a nest in my piles of fabric and yarn. And then he would look at me with those eyes, pretending not to be guilty. Yeah, right! By the way, the original of this piece sold at the San Diego Artwalk earlier this year.

No comments: