Monday, November 5, 2007

Opening Post

Well, it seems only appropriate to start this blog on my birthday. In these pages I hope to show a glimpse into the life of an artist. Being an artist is not an easy life, full of parties and art openings. Yes, I do get to attend events and such, but there is so much more to being an artist.

So, now we get into some of the drudgery... I will be selling at an arts & crafts show this weekend, the Harvest Festival to be precise. The dates were changed from the last weekend in October to November 9-11. (Yes, because of the wildfires.) Now the pre-show fun begins. Today was spend trying to get my garage organized so I know where all my show supplies live. Tomorrow will be making some last minute inventory. And Wednesday will be loading up the van.

In the meantime, my creative brain is still busily working. I am still trying to figure out what to do as an encore to my kelp sculpture. Maybe a dolphin, or a sea urchin, or an abalone. Don't know yet. My brain needs to process this further. The idea will come. Eventually. And probably from some unexpected source. I'll post a photo of the kelp later on.

Retta

No comments: