Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fun with shredded junk mail

Last night I took a few handfuls of the shredded junk mail from the huge bag that I collected and soaked it overnight in boiling hot water. It is amazing how much shredded paper just a few sheets of paper can produce. Anyway, today when I opened up the container, I had a nice soft mess. The paper shred hadn't disintegrated, and the type was still visible. So, I took a hand blender and made a nice pulpy, gloppy, gray colored stew.

Next, I scooped out handfuls and plopped it onto a fine mesh over a paper plate. I used the paper plate to confine the pulp to a circle. I laid another layer of mesh on top and pressed a towel over it to soak up the excess moisture. Now I need to wait for it all to dry. It is somewhat thick so it may take a couple of days. No photos yet. It's too soon to move it.

In the meantime, I am listing lots of new music fabrics on eBay. I just went over 500 for my feedback rating. Yippee!

No comments: