Friday, March 28, 2008

More fun with shredded junk mail

I just completed the next piece in my Junk Mail series. It is a smaller version of the first envelope. I made it especially for the competition called "Art That's Small in City Hall" in Laguna Beach. It is for artworks that are 12"x12" or less. I even got through the entire piece without breaking a needle on my sewing machine.

So, now I am trying to think up other pieces to add to this series. I was thinking of doing a sculpture of the shredded paper in the shape of a nest with fake credit cards placed here and there. The title would be "Feathering the Nest." And then I was thinking of another sculpture in the shape of a mail box with the title "Junk Mail Box."

Then I am going to have to order a bag of shredded money from the US mint and make a money tree. And I wonder what I can do with shredded IRS forms. Hmmm, the creative process at work.

No comments: